Tuesday, July 1, 2014

USA Outdoor Recap and PreVail Coaching

Before jumping into my recap of the USA Outdoor Track and Field Championships, I want to announce the launch of my personal coaching business, Prevail Coaching. Our team includes University of Portland alum and school record holder in the 10km, Mike Kilburg, and my wife, Eva Vail, who is currently the assistant women's coach for the University of Portland track and cross country teams. This is remote coaching only, as my focus remains on my professional running
career. We are excited to take on anyone from beginners to Olympic hopefuls at any distance from 800 meters to the marathon. My goal is to take the experience that I have had being remotely coached over the last four years by Dave Smith and transfer that experience to others. I have earned personal bests for 10 consecutive years under Dave. The patient, consistent progression is no accident, and I am passionate about sharing this simple philosophy with other runners. We will not offer templates. Coaching is a give and take between the athlete and coach, and each runner is unique in terms of their response to certain types of workouts, weekly volume, and race schedules. I know the workouts of other elite athletes, but that doesn't mean that I can simply copy it and run well. I have also never had a training cycle that has gone exactly according to plan; adjustments are made based on how the body is feeling, minor injuries, and even weather. The process is far more important than the plan. Check out the website, done by Starting Line Designs, at www.prevailcoaching.com and contact me at prevailcoaches@gmail.com.

Now, on to the USA Outdoor Track and Field Championships. First, I am very happy to break my streak of 6th place finishes at the track championships with a 3rd place finish in a tough field. Given the temperatures and the field, most of us expected a slow pace for the first 5,000 meters, and it was. One of my weaknesses in the past on the track has been closing gaps as they form in front of me. I feel that I kept myself aware and moved up when I needed to. The fourth mile picked up significantly, and Aaron Braun, Sean Quigley, and I went with the move. Rupp and Derrick began to pull away and I was faced with a decision to hang with Braun and race for third, or go with the leaders. I was not sure where I was in terms of fitness coming off the marathon, so I opted to hang back. I saved a lot of energy not leading and felt great heading into the last lap. I was able to close in 58.1 and secure 3rd place. Looking back, I wish I would have had more confidence to go with the leaders, but I made a decision and stuck with it. My confidence is high heading into the 5km race in Heusden, Belgium in two and a half weeks. I know I'm ready for a big personal best. Everything I'm doing right now is geared toward the Olympic Marathon Trials in February 2016, and this short track season is accomplishing the goal of changing pace and training for a couple of months. I am pleased with how quickly my track fitness has returned after the London Marathon.

Feel free to check out last week's training below. It was a low week in terms of volume due to resting for the 10km and then recovering, but the volume will boost back up this week. Thanks again for reading; follow me here on twitter, and check out the new coaching website at www.prevailcoaching.com.

Week 11 AM PM Strength/Drills Mileage
Monday 11 off 30 minutes 11





Tuesday 30 minutes + 4 x 400 @ 66-67, 2 x 200 @ 30 w/200 jog recovery 10 minute shake-out
8.5





Wednesday 30 minutes + strides 10 minute shake-out
6.5





Thursday 2 mile shake-out 10km race
12





Friday 6 off
6





Saturday 11 off
11





Sunday 12 off 30 minutes 12





TOTAL


67

11 comments:

  1. The fourth mile picked up significantly, and Aaron Braun, Sean Quigley, and I went with the move. Rupp and Derrick began to pull away and I ... clutchbraun.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. In today's sports culture, it is critically important coaches know the fundamentals of their sport by going to clinics and asking other coaches who have already paved the way. Once the player can trust the coach knows the fundamentals, a new level of trust begins when the coach can talk to the player about the psychological part of life and the game.
    Personal Coaching for excellence

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nicely presented information in this post, I prefer to read this kind of stuff. The quality of content is fine and the conclusion is advantage.free social bookmarking 
    Personal Coaching for excellence

    ReplyDelete
  4. Keep sharing such ideas in the future as well. This was actually what I was looking forr, and I am glad to came here! regards farah lie cormmick

    ReplyDelete
  5. Get BLANK ATM Programmed Card and cash money directly in any ATM Machine around you. There is no risk of being caught, because the card has been programmed in such a way that it's not traceable, it also has a technique that makes it impossible for the CCTV to detect you. Now email us today at our E-mail address at: jimleehacker07@gmail.com or Whats App: +1 (503) 278-0569 for you to get your own Programmed Card today

    ReplyDelete
  6. Do you know that with Mastercard & Debit you can withdraw cash from any ATM machine !!! , we provide programmed ATM cards that can be used to raise cash in ATMs or push, shops and businesses. We sell these cards to all our customers and interested buyers worldwide, the cards have a daily withdrawal limit of $ 5000 at ATM and up to $ 100,000 spending limit in the stores.
     Visit our website on noveltydmvexperts.com you can contact us via Whatsapp +15672460706 or Wickr ..... Octapustickets
    We also offer the following services:
     
    CALIFORNIA REAL DRIVER LICENSE 
     FAKE BANK STATEMENT FOR LOAN
     DIPLOMATIC DOCUMENTS PROCESSED
     FICO CREDIT INCREASE
     BANK STATEMENT SERVICES
     BANKNOTES PRODUCTION
     BANK TO BANK FLIPS
    CRYPTOCURRENCY MINING
     QUALITY FAKE DRIVERS LICENSE 
     MASTERCARD TOP UP
     EXPUNGEMENT SERVICES
     BITCOIN INVESTMENTS
     REMOVAL OF NAME FROM DEBIT RECORD AND CRIMINAL RECORDING
     DMV ID SERVICES 
     BANK HACKING
     ZELLE FLIP
    PAYPAL FLIP
     UNDETECTED FAKE DRIVING DOCUMENTS
     CASHAPP FLIPPS
     ALL COUNTRIES DLs, IDs, SSN.
     PASSPORT SERVICES 

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just have to introduce this hacker that I have been working with him on getting my credit score been boosted across the Equifax, TransUnion and Experian report. He made a lot of good changes on my credit report by erasing all the past eviction, bad collections and DUI off my credit report history and also increased my FICO score above 876 across my three credit bureaus report you can contact him for all kind of hacks . Email him here support@wavedrive.tech go on their website wavedrive.tech for more details,Whatsapp No:+14106350697 if you want to chat them up,One thing i can assure you would not regret this at all he is 100% legit.

    ReplyDelete
  8. read the full info here Ysl replica handbags discover this info here good quality replica bags hop over to this website Dolabuy Chloe

    ReplyDelete